There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor regarding the world within the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also known as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, just has been legal in the United States since 2007, and only certain brands can be sold, so there’s much curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What Exactly is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit that was designed for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland absinthesoldinusa.com. It has become popular in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is usually created from a wine base and it’s flavored with herbs. Its primary herbal ingredients are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), giving Absinthe its name and its particular bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the production of Absinthe contain hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are many different varieties of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe well-liked by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear in the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are standard Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” which are actually wormwood bitters and don’t provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which has a sweeter flavor because it’s constructed with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red color due to the extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many different types and styles of Absinthe online – classic styles and modern classics that happen to be based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
Along with buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences into the Absinthe industry and to consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a powerful essence which makes an Absinthe with a more robust bitter wormwood flavor, as well as an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are produced using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you don’t need to worry about distilling, simply use the internet and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own personal wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana such as replicas of popular Absinthe glasses and spoons just like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is an extremely strong alcoholic beverage, approximately 75% alcohol by volume, and is stronger than whisky or vodka read full report. Care must be taken when ingesting such a strong spirit particularly if it is being blended with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are several myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and interesting background and is a attractive beverage to relish.